If you answered yes.
You will need to upgrade before January 2020
Microsoft has announced the end of support life for the following products:
- Windows 7
- Office 2010
- Server 2008
- Small Business Server
Users of above platforms have less than 12 months to upgrade to Windows 10, Office 365 / Office 2019 and Server 2019 as no further security updates or bug fixes will be issued by Microsoft* beyond January 2020.
Windows 10 has matured a great deal since it was first launched back in 2015 and is now far more reliable, secure and robust that its older counterpart.
Many businesses rely on computer software that will ONLY work on Windows 7 (Accounting, Invoicing, Stock Control software etc). Before considering any of the following upgrade options, examine your computers and servers and identify your critical applications. Check with the software manufacturer, if those programs will run on Windows 10 and if so, what is required to make the upgrade.
The CBM Corporate Managed Service Support Team are available to assist you in upgrading critical software products should you require technical assistance.
Upgrade Option 1
Purchase Windows 10 and upgrade your existing Windows 7 computer
- If your computer(s) are relatively new (less than 3 years old) upgrading the computers operating system to Windows 10 Pro would be the preferred option.
Upgrade Option 2
Purchase a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled
- If your computer(s) are older than 3 years old, it is recommended that your purchase a new Windows computer (desktop), laptop/notebook/2in1, Microsoft Surface or tablet.
Upgrade Option 3
Subscribe to Microsoft 365 Business and get a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, Office 365 and Exchange Online mailbox
- Subscribe to Microsoft 365 Business and get a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, Office 365, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, business-class communication with Outlook, Teams, and Yammer, cloud storage with One Drive and SharePoint
Upgrade Office 2010 to Office 365 or Office 2019
- Purchasing a new version of Microsoft Office today is a very different scenario from the past, for example Office 365 is User based, not device based like in the past. Essentially you now have choices and it can be a minefield to navigate.
Upgrade Windows Server 2008 or Small Business Server
- Upgrading an old server may or may not be economical, depending on the specific situation. Options available include the purchase of a new server (& simple data migration) or moving data and functionality to the cloud, again depending on specifics, for example your internet speed! Contact Us to arrange a consultation and a site audit.
Need more help?
Contact CBM Corporate and speak to one of our friendly IT Managed Services Support Team.